There’s always something for which to be thankful.(Charles Dickens)
Last weekend was the kick off for fire prevention week in a neighboring town. Also are some pictures of the kids doing crafts one evening.
A Thanksgiving craft I did with the kids last week.
Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids: Coffee Filter Turkey
Coffee Filter Turkey Craft for Kids
Materials for Turkey Craft
Directions for Turkey Craft
1. Start by painting you’re white coffee filter with the watercolors. We did different designs, patterns, and stripes. (We always paint our coffee filters on a few sheets of newspaper. It helps soak up the water fairy quickly and keeps things from getting too messy.)
2. While your coffee filters are drying, prepare your construction paper pieces. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Two orange legs- 1 inch x 5 inches
- Two brown circles- one with a 5 inch diameter and one with a 2 1/2 inch diameter. (You can use our free template to make your own tracers or simply print the circles out onto brown paper directly.)
3. Once your coffee filter is dry, glue the large brown circle onto it for the turkey body and the smaller brown circle for the head.
4. Accordion fold the two legs and glue them onto the turkey.
5. Now it’s time to add the details. Add whatever you want! We cut out little feet, a beak and some eyes and glued them to our turkey. You’re finished!
What an awesome weekend we had at our church. We had our annual conference and what a blessing it was.
Today my brother and his family as well as my Mom came over to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Trying to think of all the things that really matter that I am thankful for.
Our christian school that our kids can attend and for the faithful provision that the Lord provides for our kids to be able to attend.
Peace, joy, grace, mercy.
I am thankful. I am blessed. God bless!
Here are some pictures of our day.